Sable Kitchen & Bar EarthCare
||Providing our guests an exceptional dining experience AND being truly committed to our environmental and social responsibilities are not mutually exclusive aspirations. In fact, our EarthCare practices ensure that both our guests and the world we live in benefit. Our eco-friendly actions include the most fundamental, such as recycling, to steadfastly using only those ingredients that will not harm the earth when they reach the landfill. Our dedication translates directly to the table inflavorful dishes of the highest quality and integrity.|
Sable Kitchen & Bar proudly follows Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants' leading edge EarthCare program. These earth-friendly practices include:
- All kitchen grease and excess cooking oils are recycled into bio-diesel fuel.
- Chef Heather's dishes feature seasonal organic and local ingredients.
- Sable has an in-house filtration system and sells liters of the in-house filtered Natura® Water in order to eliminate selling bottled water. Bottled water is not sold at Sable.
- All beef is source-verified 100% Angus and tested to be BSE-free.
- When selecting seafood, Chef Heather adheres to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch program standards.
- Sable serves organic coffees, teas and juices.
- We use low-flow dishwashing spray valves and faucet aerators in bathrooms and hand-wash stations.
- Sable uses only biodegradable detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Energy efficient lighting is used in kitchen areas, and low-energy LED lighting is used for all exit lights.
- Sable recycles all paper, cardboard, glass, wood, plastic and aluminum products, and does not use Styrofoam for any purpose.
- All take-out containers and utensils are biodegradable and made from unbleached, recycled content.
- Menus are printed on recycled paper with soy ink wherever possible.